According to the FBI report of the last many years, there are almost 77% of crimes are property crimes and 75% of homes in united states will be broken in the next 20 years! Most shocking news is that a home burglary happens in the United States every 13 seconds.
If you read and understand these statistics, you might get an idea of how possible burglary would affect you in the next few years or your lifetime.
According to researchers, burglars look for cash, gold, jewellery, iPhone, expensive watches, wine, etc.
As said, it is better to be safe than sorry!
There are many viable solutions available in the market for this problem. For example, you can install an ADT or Brinks home security systems. It provides a good deterrence from the burglars. But you need to sign up for monthly plans for these security systems. So it might be expensive for you.
So If you consider all the dynamics and think about the pros and cons, security cameras get precedence over subscription-based services.
Swann security camera reviews help the new buyer to make buying decisions.
If you are in hurry, here is the comparison table of all the security cameras reviewed in this article.
|Sr#||Product Name||Resolution||Channel||Connection Type||Price|
Table Of Contents
- 1 Why Swann
- 2 Swann DVR and NVR
- 3 Types of Swann Security Cameras
- 4 Pros & Cons of Swann Security Camera System
- 5 7 Best Swann Security Camera Reviews 2020
- 5.1 1. Swann SWNVK-1685808-US Ultra HD – PoE Security Camera System Reviews
- 5.2 2. Swann PRO-4KMSB Reviews – 8 Channel 4K Wired Analog Security Camera System
- 5.3 3. SWNVK-485KH2-US – 4 Channels Swann Wireless Security Camera Reviews
- 5.4 4. SWWHD-INDCAMPK2 – Best Wifi Security Camera Reviews Works With Amazon Alexa
- 5.5 5. SWWHD-PTCAM-US Pan Tilt Zoom (PTZ) Security Camera Reviews
- 5.6 6. SWWHD-OUTCAMPK2 – Swann Outdoor Wi-Fi Security Camera Reviews
- 5.7 7. SWDVK-445802-US – Swann Wired Super HD Security Camera System Reviews
- 6 Other Factors To Be Considered
- 7 Features & Technology
- 7.1 1. Swann Cloud Security Camera App
- 7.2 2. Two Way Audio Feature
- 7.3 3. Swann Security Software – (DVR & NVR)
- 7.4 4. Continuous & Scheduled Recording
- 7.5 5. Motion Detection and Alert Through Push Notifications
- 7.6 6. Cloud and Local Store of Video Footage
- 7.7 7. Dropbox Integration
- 7.8 8. User Friendly
- 7.9 9. Swann Security System Problems
- 7.10 10. Swann Security Camera Troubleshooting
- 8 Frequently Asked Questions – FAQs
- 9 Related Posts
Swann is one of the global leader security companies. Swann is an excellent known brand in the security world. Swann wired, and wireless cameras are in the top of technologies.
I have personally have done many Swann security camera reviews, and one of that is Swann 4K IP camera. This was an amazing one. I was stunned by looking at the quality of images and video footage.
I must say that Swann is the best one in manufacturing security cameras.
Nowadays security cameras have evolved a lot. A good security camera has many exciting features like motion detection, smartphone alerts etc. Motion detection features allow you to configure a particular area of your home, where you don’t expect anybody to come; and if somebody comes to that area, your DVR sends alert to your smartphone app.
Similarly, the night vision feature is supported by security camera systems. Your DVR always records live footage. If somebody walks in the night and tries to break in, DVR sends alert to your smartphone, and you can take action accordingly.
DVR stands for Digital video recorder and NVR for Network Video recorder.
DVR and NVR are used in Analog and IP camera systems respectively. Both do the same job, mentioned below
- Record the video footage.
- Establish the connectivity between DVR and Cameras using wired or wireless communication.
- Convert Camera signal to digital format and store in DVR or NVR.
- Convert digital format to digital/analog format so that you could view it on TV or digital monitor.
- DVR/NVR provides the capability to keep footage and gives the flexibility to enhance the Hard disk. You may store more videos now.
Swann DVR and NVR are considered to be very robust and high-performance devices. This DVR and NVR are kept inside home close to your internet router. These are connected to the internet all the time and keep the video footage. You can watch the live footage remotely on your smartphone device.
What is the difference then?
DVR system uses analog signals to connect to security cameras which are installed outside. Usually, it uses BNC or other compatible co-axial cables.
NVR uses digital signals to connect to security cameras. These cameras are called IP camera. Usually, it uses CAT5/CAT6 or any other type of compatible cable.
My personal experience with Swann DVR and NVR is very satisfactory, and I believe you can choose either of these, without overthinking about analog or digital technology. Both NVR and DVR works well and gives the same result.
Types of Swann Security Cameras
Swann manufactures all types of security cameras, but to make a list shorter, I am mentioning only a few of those.
If you wish to learn about these security cameras, please visit this Ultimate Guide.
Now based on the connectivity to the base (DVR or NVR) of these camera types, we can broadly categorize as below.
Wired Security Cameras
The wired security camera system has DVR, and all the security cameras are connected to DVR with a wire. This wire may be a BNC cable or CAT5/CAT6 or any supporting cable. Few security cameras need a separate power cable connected to power source. Power over Ethernet cameras utilizes the same wire to get the power.
Wireless Security Cameras
Wireless security cameras use a wireless signal to connect to DVR/NVR. This signal is generated by DVR or NVR. In this case, wireless security cameras need a separate power source to operate. This power source might be an AC power source, or it may be AA or AAA batteries
Outdoor Security Cameras
From the functionality perspective, there is no difference between outdoor and indoor security cameras. Outdoor security cameras are installed outside, so that are manufactured to survive in severe weather. They are built with durable materials. High quality and expensive security cameras are built using stainless metal.
If you are looking for a security camera for outside installation, make sure the camera body is built with high-quality materials.
Swann mentions very clearly in the product description that a particular security camera can be installed outside or not. Look at product description carefully before purchasing.
Indoor Security Cameras
Swann has many best performing indoor security cameras in the market. As the name indicates, indoor security cameras are used in the inside home to monitor rooms, i.e., living room, baby room, etc. If you have pets, you might need indoor security cameras to keep an eye on those.
Indoor security cameras are usually wireless or wifi-connected. Because we have high-speed wifi available all the time inside the home,e wireless indoor security cameras become the most suitable devices to monitor inside.
Dome cameras or dome-shaped camera are mostly preferred cameras by users. But technically there is no difference in dome and bullet cameras. Nowadays there are other modern-looking indoor security cameras are available.
Swann indoor security cameras are well built and do their job well. Before buying the indoor security camera, consider below things,
- How reliable are the connection between the camera and your wifi router?
- The picture quality of the camera.
MPX Security Cameras
MPX Security cameras send video signals over a coaxial cable. This coaxial cable might be BNC cable or similar compatible cable.
Coaxial cable is well known robust communication method between camera is DVR. Coaxial cables provide high bandwidth so that data transfer when DVR and Cameras are fast and smooth.
Coaxial cable are capable of transferring audio signals along with video signals, it makes two-way audio communication possible.
Lorex is excellent in manufacturing MPX DVR. I have done the reviews of Lorex security cameras; please check it out.
Video Baby Monitors
You can use Swann wireless security cameras as a baby monitor. You need to find out the right spot to hook those up. Swann app enables you to watch live footage and two-way audio. You can see and talk to the baby at the same.
High Performance Hard Drives
Hard Disk Drive or HDD is an essential component of DVR or NVR. HDD stores the video footage and keeps it to view it later. Ideally, we should have HDD storage to keep at least one week of footage. But it depends upon you that how many days video footage you want to keep.
Swann DVR and NVR come with a preinstalled HDD. You can upgrade or replace HDD with a higher capacity if needed.
Pros & Cons of Swann Security Camera System
Swann security cameras have many exciting features. Swann manufactures almost all sorts of security cameras.
Each security cameras have useful features. I will try to put a few points which I found most exciting are marked as excellent out by other users too.
7 Best Swann Security Camera Reviews 2020
1. Swann SWNVK-1685808-US Ultra HD – PoE Security Camera System Reviews
If you are looking for ultra HD PoE ethernet camera, this might be a great choice. This security camera comes with NVR and power cables, mouse, etc. All necessary installation accessories are included in the box. 2 TB HDD is pre-installed with DVR.
Where it can be installed?
Outdoor, indoor, small business premises.
- True motion detection feature using PIR which enables to sense the presence of a person accurately.
- 16 cameras are included in the price.
- Works with smart-home devices.
- The smartphone app has push notification features which help users to act immediately.
- Swann has the option to Dropbox integration; you can save your snapshot to Dropbox.
- Weatherproof camera design and built by durable material.
- Excellent night vision. You can see in dark too.
- 2 Way Audio. You can talk and listen to.
- The wired camera system provides excellent picture quality.
- Smartphone app provides the option to watch footage on the phone.
Swann security system manual is provided in the box; you can find all the installation detailed instructions.
This security camera may be available at Best Buy stores. You may check out there too.
2. Swann PRO-4KMSB Reviews – 8 Channel 4K Wired Analog Security Camera System
Swann PRO-4KMSB comes with high-performance DVR. DVR has 2 TB HDD pre-installed in it. You can store the footage of all cameras for 180 days; this storage is sufficient for any types of users. BNC cable and other accessories are included in the package. Installation is pretty straightforward.
Security Camera Type
Wired, Analog Camera System.
Where it can be installed?
Outdoor, indoor, small business premises.
- 4 cameras (4K resolution) are included in the price.
- Camera design is built with IP66 durable material which lasts longer in severe weather.
- DVR has 2 TB HDD is preinstalled. You can enhance it if needed.
- DVR connects to cameras using BNC cables. It is a wired security system that provides excellent video quality footage.
- HomeSafe app can be configured to see the live footage.
- True motion detection technology provides accurate motion detection.
- Swann security camera setup is effortless and straightforward.
- Excelllent night vision, you can see everything very clear in the night.
3. SWNVK-485KH2-US – 4 Channels Swann Wireless Security Camera Reviews
It is 485 Series Wireless HD Monitoring System.
It is a 4 channel security camera, which means DVR is capable of supporting up to 4 cameras. Only 2 cameras are included in the price.
Package includes 2 wireless cameras, and a wireless DVR, mouse, power cables and connection cables. DVR has 1 TB HDD pre-installed. You can enhance HDD capacity is needed.
Where it can be installed?
Outdoor, indoor at home. It is a wireless security camera system with recorder.
- 4 channel high-performance DVR that can support up to 4 cameras.
- 1080p wireless cameras which provide clear video footage.
- 24×7 recording.
- 1 TB HDD preinstalled.
- Night vision.
- Easy installation as the whole system is wireless. No worry about cords and cables.
- 65 feet night vision.
- Motion detection feature.
- No need of wifi, as this security camera system uses its own wireless signals.
This Swann wireless CCTV camera is not bad from an installation perspective. Due to the wireless feature, this security camera is straightforward to install and use.
SWWHD-INDCAMPK2 – Best Wifi Security Camera Reviews Works With Amazon Alexa
I could say that it is a smart camera that works with smart home automation devices like Amazon Alexa. If you are tired of all the wiring and installation, this security camera might be a good pick for you. It is a complete wire-free security camera. It doesn’t have power cords or any wire.
It is always connected to the internet using your home wifi/office wifi signal. There is a DVR or NVR needed for this setup.
Where it can be installed?
Indoor at home or office.
- Wire-free security camera with 1080p clear image.
- Plug and play setup. Straightforward installation.
- Compatible with Amazon Alexa.
- The smartphone app allows watching live footage at the phone.
- It could be used as a baby monitor security camera. Watch your pets live 24×7.
- No need for an NVR or DVR. Just connect to the wifi network and start watching live video.
- You can save video footage at cloud storage. You need to get the subscription though.
- 110 wide viewing angle.
- It has built-in microphone allows you to listen to the voice along with footage.
It is one of the best Swann PTZ security cameras. It connects to your home or office wifi network and can be installed indoor surveillance. PTZ stands for Pan Tilt and Zoom, which means, with the help of this camera, you can zoom and change the direction of the coverage area.
This Swann pan and tilt camera is very easy to install as it is a wireless security camera. Not many cords or cables!
Where it can be installed?
Perfect for home & businesses. Best for smart indoor surveillance.
- Full HD 1080 video quality with this Swann PTZ camera.
- True wireless camera with the dual option to power it. Ethernet cable and AC power adapter.
- Night vision up to 50 feet.
- 24×7 monitoring.
- Two-way audio using the build in microphone, which means you can watch and talk at the same.
- 80 degrees viewing angle.
- You can monitor the baby or pets also.
- To store the footage you can use MicroSD card, supports up to 64GB.
- You can mount it on the wall or any flat surface.
This Swann Pan and Tilt camera review would help you find out the best security camera system for you.
6. SWWHD-OUTCAMPK2 – Swann Outdoor Wi-Fi Security Camera Reviews
It is one high rated wireless security camera from Swann. It has 1080p resolution which gives HD image and video. It connects wirelessly with your home or office wifi network. No DVR or NVR is needed as these security cameras are connected to the network and can record video footage in the cloud directly.
Installation is very easy. Plug and play type setup.
Where it can be installed?
Outdoor and Indoor both.
- 1080 pixel resolution.
- Easy installation.
- Wireless connectivity using the wifi connection.
- True motion detection technology.
- Day and night surveillance.
- This security camera is designed for outdoor use. It is built with durable material which lasts longer.
- You can record video footage in the cloud.
- Works with Amazon Alexa.
Swann Wifi Camera Setup
Swann wifi camera setup is easy. You need to connect this security camera to your home wifi network and then install the Swann app ( for the smartphone)and follow the instructions. It is a pretty straightforward setup.
7. SWDVK-445802-US – Swann Wired Super HD Security Camera System Reviews
SWDVK-445802-US is a four channel analog security camera system by Swann. It supports up to 4 cameras, but only two bullet cameras are included in the price. Which means you can add two more cameras in the future is needed. If you have a bigger home and want to cover more area, please look for 16 channels security camera.
Installation is straightforward but because it is a wired security camera, it will take a while to install it. You need to find out the perfect spot for each camera and install it; you might have to use the drill and other tools. But this level of effort is worth if you look for long term perspective.
Where it can be installed?
Outdoor and Indoor both.
- Super HD 1080p resolution cameras.
- DVR supports up to four channels. Perfect of a medium size home.
- Advanced technology PIR sensors are capable of detecting moving objects very accurately.
- 1 TB HDD is pre-installed; you can enhance it and add more storage if needed.
- All installation instructions are mentioned in the manual, very easy to follow and install.
- The cameras come with BNC cables to connect to DVR.
- Approx 100 feet night vision.
- Install and configure the HomeSafe View app on your smartphone or tablet and start watching recorded or live footage.
Other Factors To Be Considered
1. Swann Security Systems Customer Tech Support
Swann security systems tech support is very responsive, and they try to solve problems efficiently.
2. Manufacturer’s Warranty
Usually, Swann products have one or two years of manufacturers warranty on it. Please read the product description and make sure you are satisfied with the warranty duration and terms covered in it.
Features & Technology
1. Swann Cloud Security Camera App
All of us are familiar with the power of watching your property remotely. It is one of the best advancements of modern technology. You don’t need to be at home to view your home you can be in another town, another city or even in another country.
Swann security cameras reviews cover this topic as well. With the help of Swann security app, you can view your home remotely on your smartphone. All you have to do to configure the app of iPhone or Android, whatever phone you have. Create a user id, and set the cameras which you want to view remotely.
Although it is a ubiquitous picture across all the models by Swann, please check and make sure this feature is available in the security camera which you are ready to buy.
SwannOne is smartphone app by Swann that allows you to connect and control your Swann security and smart home devices using your smartphone. This app is available for both Android and iOS.
Using this app, you can control a few options like night mode, motion detection etc. You can watch live video and recorded footage.
2. Two Way Audio Feature
Two-way audio is good to have feature; it helps you to talk to the person at another side. For example, if postman comes to your door and knocks, if you have the two-way audio security camera installed, you can talk to the postman directly without opening the door.
This feature might be useful to have for a few people, if this matters to you, please check the Swann model which you are buying, has this feature.
3. Swann Security Software – (DVR & NVR)
Swann security software is installed at DVR or NVR. It helps you to customize the below features if Swann model has it. Swann DVR software provides a good user experience too.
4. Continuous & Scheduled Recording
Swann DVR and NVRs are fully customizable. You have the option to start and stop recording. For example, if you are at home and you don’t want to record the footage, you can do the scheduling in DVR/NVR, and it won’t record video at those timings.
5. Motion Detection and Alert Through Push Notifications
Swann DVR and NVR provide options to the user to configure the motion detection. If security cameras sight anybody, DVR/NVR sends a push notification to the smartphone app. You need to set the smartphone app in advance.
When any burglar tries to enter your home, Swann true motion detection technology detects and sends alert to your smartphone. In my opinion, it is the best security feature. When you know that anybody is trying to enter your home, you can take decisions accordingly.
Swann app is available on both iOS and Android smartphones. It is advised to enable push notification for Swann app.
6. Cloud and Local Store of Video Footage
Swaan provides the option to store video footage at the cloud, but you need to get a subscription to the service. It might be expensive though than the local storage until you get any good deal from Swann.
Swan DVR and NVR have pre-installed Hard Disk Drive; usually, those have enough storage to keep video footage for a few weeks. Quality of video footage depends upon the security camera resolution.
If your security camera has high resolution, the video footage size would be more, and you need more storage to keep the video footage for the same number of days.
If you need more storage to store more videos, you may enhance the DVR by adding more disk space. You need to look at the maximum capacity that your DVR supports.
7. Dropbox Integration
Swann DVR provides the feature to integrate with Saves snapshots to your Dropbox account. You need to configure it at DVR software, and when the connection is established, and the app is authenticated, you can assign a folder to save snapshots to your Dropbox account.
This feature works well with motion detection feature.
If any burglar tries to enter your home, you would get a series of images stored in your Dropbox folder. This feature is not available in all the DVR or NVR; you need to check it before buying.
8. User Friendly
Swann security cameras systems are wired, wireless and wire-free. I found all three types of cameras are user-friendly; anybody can use it without any specialized training.
9. Swann Security System Problems
Find any significant problem in Swann security cameras as such, although I am using it since a while. Wireless security cameras and wifi security cameras run very stable compared to other brands. If you are looking for any specific feature which Swann does not provide, please comment below.
10. Swann Security Camera Troubleshooting
If you get any issue with Swann security cameras, the first step is to look at the common FAQs and Swann security camera troubleshooting guide. You may get it online on the Swann website.
There are good chances that the troubleshooting guide would help you to identify and fix the problem. If you are not able to fix the issue, please contact customer care number, and any Swann associate would help you.
Frequently Asked Questions – FAQs
If you wish to look at reviews of top tech products, please visit grabbybeasts.com